Many small-scale companies and business class people have a doubt whether is GST mandatory for Udyam registration? and is GST compulsory for Udyam registration or not. We will answer all the following questions – Is GST mandatory for MSME? Is GST mandatory for Udyog aadhar? Is it mandatory to charge GST after registration? What is required for Udyam registration?
Though GST Registration was not mandatory for Udyog Aadhar, under notification no. S.O.2119 (E) dated 26th June 2020 published in the Official Gazette of India paragraph 6 elaborates the Registration Process of Udyam Registration.
According to the Ministry of MSME, Udyam Registration can be filed online based on self-declaration with no requirement to upload documents, papers, certificates, or proof. The portal also says that this is temporary and every business should obtain a PAN card and register for GST on or before 31st march 2021 and update it on the Udyam registration portal. After 1st April 2021, any Udyam not having the PAN or GST will have its Udyam Registration Number revoked.
As you know the current ruling Government of India, has declared a new definition of MSME, and the new process of MSME registration i.e. Udyam Registration on 1st July 2020.
And also integrated other Government platforms into it i.e, Income tax.
MSME Registration is free, paperless, and based on self-declaration
- MSME registration process is fully online, paperless and based on self-declaration.
- No documents or proof are required to be uploaded for registering an MSME.
- Only Adhaar Number will be enough for registration.
- PAN & GST linked details on investment and turnover of enterprises will be taken automatically from Government data bases.
- Our online system will be fully integrated with Income Tax and GSTIN systems.
- Having PAN & GST number is mandatory from 01.04.2021.
- Those who have EM-II or UAM registration or any other registration issued by any authority under the Ministry of MSME, will have to re-register themselves.
- No enterprise shall file more than one Udyam Registration. However, any number of activities including manufacturing or service or both may be specified or added in one Registration.
Is GST mandatory for Udyam Registration?
Now this new MSME portal i.e, the Udyam registration portal will automatically fetch all your Tax details into it and classifies your business in terms of investment and turnover, and allocates it into Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises. So this has led to the confusion of registering MSME under Udyam.
So to simplify the process now, when you are applying for Udyam registration get the following documents first:-
- GST Number
- PAN Number
- Aadhaar Number
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
If you still have any query you can contact us at +91 7021672451 or you can write to us at email@example.com
How Can We Help?
Udyamregistration.org.in is a private registration consultant. We help small-scale business owners in getting MSME registration / Udyam registration online / Udyog Aadhaar registration process online, in a quick and easy way. We started with the simple idea that doing business in India should be easy.
To accomplish our mission, we are building the largest business services platform with a range of business services from incorporation to tax filing.
By making it easier to do business, we hope to unleash Entrepreneurship and help small businesses compete effectively. We help you to register your business anywhere in India to manage legal compliance at your fingertips.
During our journey, we have served Start-up’s and MSMEs across the length and breadth of India, starting from Leh to Tamil Nadu and Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh.
Get your business registration under the Udyam registration portal and approve it with ease, super quick operation, hassle-free, affordable prices, certificates valid for a lifetime, contact us to get a free consultation.